This blog includes my thoughts on the research process and my progression from ideas to final product.
Search This Blog
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Lit Reviews... Where Art Thou?
Okay, so I had this bright idea of looking into school libraries collections but when going to look for lit reviews.... very little. I found some things here and there but no actual "study" or research conducted. What am I going to do now? Do I keep my topic? I know that my research question is due this week and I'm beginning to panic. I did have another idea but I guess I will continue looking for articles before completely giving up on this research idea. I know that a part of researching is to dig and dig but I'm not sure if I am using the write buzz words. I tried multicultralism, school libraries and race, book collection and culture, culturally relevant books in libraries.... I guess I will keep chugging away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, so I have had to modify my topic a little bit. I went to my school's media center today. I thought that I would be able develop a spreadsheet on the type of fictional books located in the library and who is checking them out. Well, I can't see the demographics of who checking which books out because of privacy issues. So I go back to the idea of asking the school media specialist their thoughts on book collections. I began brainstorming my research question. This is what I have so far and I guess... When selecting fictional books do school media specialist take in consideration the demographics of the school? What criteria is used when developing a school library book collection? How do school librarians reflect on their current book collection?
ReplyDelete